Friday, May 18, 2007

Ellen

I have been listening to Ellen Degeneres' book The Funny Thing Is... and it is funny. I highly recommend this book and it is great to listen to because it is read by Ellen which I am sure makes the timing of the jokes better than if I were just reading along myself.

Here is one of my favorite one liners:
When life gives you lemons use the juice to bleach your mustache.
I am pretty sure that Ellen and Dr. Stephen R. Covey won't be too excited about sharing a post but too bad. Actually, I am not a huge Covey fan (I paid good money to hear him speak once and felt that his entire speech was a compilation of already well known thoughts, quotes, and concepts by other well known motivational speakers). However, I am addicted to my Franklin Planner and like the daily quotes. Yesterdays quote was by Covey and I really liked it (maybe he does have some original thoughts):
The more authentic you become, particularly regarding personal experiences and
even self doubts, the more people can relate to you and feel safe to express
themselves.
I like this quote because it describes one of the main reasons that I enjoy blogging.

2 comments:

nicole said...

I really want that Ellen Book...I think that she is the funniest ever!

La said...

WOW! I like a Covey quote. You always show me stuff about myself that I don't know. Ellen is funny. Pass that book my way.


Family Photo Booth Pic