Friday, November 30, 2007

Pack & Play Mishap

I am up in Driggs this weekend with my boys and brought my pack-n-play for Charlie to sleep in. Last night Charlie cried and cried and I couldn't figure out what he needed. He was honestly hysterical (he would sleep for 20 minutes and then cry for 15) so finally at 1:30am I brought him into bed with me and he ended up clinging to me all night. Then today, I put him down for his morning nap and again he was totally hysterical but I let him cry it out and because he was so tired it didn't take long. Still his sleep was restless and he kept waking up in tears. Then the same thing happened during his afternoon nap. So tonight I decided to put him in the crib (it is an old rickety thing that my parents bought at a garage sale before I was born and used for all seven of their kids) and he went right to sleep, no tears, and has been sleeping soundly since. I didn't know that a baby who isn't even ten months old could be scared of something or have such a strong opinion. I feel really bad that I kept putting him back in that bed which he so obviously hated. Poor kid and poor me...I am exhausted and had to sleep with a 25lb baby laying on top of me all night.

7 comments:

nicole said...

That is so interesting. Ruby also, has a very strong opinion about sleeping in a pack 'n play...she pretty much hates it as much as poor Charlie does. So sad.
I sure hope you can get some rest today.

Charlotte said...

That's so weird that he didn't like the pack and play. Atleast you guys are getting some sleep now. Have a safe drive home. We got about 10 inches of snow today.

Lindsay said...

That is so weird! I've never heard of a kid not liking the pack and play. Poor guy!

Clev Clan said...

Why do they have to lay right on top of you all night when there is a whole bed? Amy, I hope you were able to get a nap.

Brooke said...

Sometimes I wonder if it's the scratchy noise that they make when the kiddos move around? Wierd!

La said...

Darling little Charlie. It is kinda funny that he has a fear of pack n' plays. I wonder if there is an actual phobia for that.

Noel Portugal said...

Oh no. You have me worried about our 3 weeks in Belgium. Good thing Bryn only weighs 20 pounds, right?!
Well att least he knows what he wants!


Family Photo Booth Pic