Wednesday, January 16, 2008

baa, baa, ninja sheep

I am not sure how this story fell through the cracks but I really can't go on until it is properly documented. In December we attended the annual Peterson Christmas Party (my mom's side of the family) and George was able to participate in his first nativity play. George wanted to be a sheep and lined up with a half a dozen of his second cousins who also wanted to be sheep. My aunt was handing out costumes but by the time she got to George she had run out of sheep ears so I just tied a white bandanna around his head and he quickly became known as the ninja sheep. George really enjoyed crawling on his hands and knees with his fellow sheep and especially loved yelling, "baa" at the top of his lungs. At one point during the reading of Christ's birth George got bored, went back stage, stumbled around in the dark for a minute or two, and then fell through the curtain and back onto the stage. He then rejoined his herd yelling, "baa" over the narrator. Paul and I both think George has a promising theater career in his future and look forward to sitting in the audience during many more performances.

4 comments:

La said...

The nativity play is always my favorite part. George totally made it more fun.

Tyra said...

He is great performer. And always stands out!! I wonder who he takes after? :)

Charlotte said...

Hey, he is the best ninja sheep I have ever seen!

Lindsay said...

That is hilarious! Nativities with kids are always so funny. I love the ninja sheep, maybe that should be a new addition to the nativity every year.


Family Photo Booth Pic