This is one of those "it would be so cool if I could..." things that I dream up and tell Paul about to which he replies, "you could if you had a Mac." (I really do want a Mac but you can't beat the free, company issued PC.) I am so hopelessly excited by this new find (I may be the last person in the blogging world to discover this gem...not sure) that I can hardly contain myself. The excitement has not even begun to wear off; however, I have a dilemma. When I first discovered Blurb (late last night...why can I not go to bed before 1am?) and the power of slurping your blog into a real life book my first thought was that I would never scrapbook again and I am not saying that because I don't like to scrapbook...I do, though I love blogging more. I love to cut and paste and create and besides what would I do with the hundreds of dollars worth of paper and other supplies sitting in my craft room along with several partially finished projects if I were never to scrapbook again? But this is just so cool, so awesome, so easy. Besides I don't usually include many journal entries when I scrapbook like I do when I blog so it is a fact that use the two mediums in different ways. My dilemma is this: How do I organize it all? What do I scrapbook in the traditional cut and paste and get little bits of paper everywhere sort of way and what do I slurp from my blog into a beautifully bound book?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Family Photo Booth Pic
6 comments:
I agree, way cool idea. I've been attempting to scrapbook only my professional pictures. So far I've done three pages in the last year. Woo Hoo! I love blogging more too.
I heard about the blurb thing last summer, and believe me, I was equally as excited; but I think it was fairly new at the time, and not very user friendly at all. I had a really tough time figuring it out, and after a few failed attempts of "slurping" my blog, I gave up. However I have spent the last half hour navigating through the site, which is now so much less confusing, and my excitement has been rekindled! Plus the new updated version of the software is so much easier to navigate through. I love it. I'm so excited!
I don't know what to tell you as far as your scrapbooking dilema as I still haven't even started Ruby's!
You should totally just get a Mac! I avoid scrapbooking at all costs but I did make a very cool Apple photo book for our family chronicling the last year of events and I plan on doing it every year. The reason that I started blogging was because of Blurb and now I can avoid the whole journal/paper thing altogether! I am okay with being a slacker mom:)
My vote is scrapbook nothing. I hate scrapbooking. I love iphoto photo books. That is the way to scrapbook in my opinion.
my sister has used blurb.com and told me it was pretty user friendly with high quality glossy page photos. She uploads the blog pages she wants and then can add/delete pictures or journaling. I have also checked out the site and pricing is not bad. How great is it that say, at the end of a year you can just upload and they send you a high quality, hard bound book you can keep or give to your kids when they get older. Good Luck!
I still love to scrapbook! I love creating something and having it right in front of me. But I do think that the blurb thing is cool too. I'm really no help, I don't know how you pick what to scrap and what to blurb.
Post a Comment