Sunday, February 03, 2008

Snow Day

This morning we woke up to a blizzard and a phone call informing us that church services were being cancelled. The wind was howling and creating huge drifts (one of our neighbors has a six foot drift in their yard) we had three feet on our front porch though it only snowed a foot. Paul had to bring the snow shovel in from the garage and shovel straight from the front door. George got bundled up and took his shovel and lawn mower (in the winter it magically turns into a snow blower) and joined Paul outside. Charlie and I stayed cozy inside though Charlie loved watching the action through the front window.

12 comments:

La said...

He is so my favorite little 1 year old. He looks so big in those pictures. Its like he is a toddler. What a cute dude!

Anonymous said...

That storm was really amazing wasn't it? Charlie is such a cutie. George and his imagination just runs wild doesn't it? what will he think of next!

Emmie-Lew said...

I SO don't miss the snow- but a snow day from church sounds nice! I can't believe Charlie is so big- those pictures are awesome! I'm so sad that I don't know your boys...we'll get together this summer for sure!

Lindsay said...

Don't you just love snow days? I love staying home and feeling all cozy and warm. I love that George's lawn mower turns into a snow blower! How ingenious!

nicole said...

I can't believe it really snowed that much! I really love those pictures of Charlie, and Lara's right, he looks like a toddler...suddenly so grown up. I love how you can see Paul and George through the window in your pictures.

Tyra said...

I wish my lawn mower turned into a snow blower. We got about 7 inches of heavy wet snow and Rob was out of town so I had to shovel our drive way as I don't have a snow blower. I am sore today, where was George when I needed him. :)

natalie said...

That is crazy! Especially since church is just down the street.

Brooke said...

Wow, that is crazy! I cannot imagine having church cancelled! I hope your "snow day" went to good use!

Reese said...

I wish we had a little snow out here, although I have to admit that it doesn't take a whole lot for us to get church or school cancelled. Sometimes a bad forecast alone will do the trick! I do have to say that hearing about your front porch took me back to a different Sunday morning when our porch was filled with a truckload of garbage from our unsatisfied customers at good old Ricks College. Enjoy the white stuff!

Sandee said...

That was crazy. I thought they were maybe going to cancel church for us to; but we ended up going. Those are really cute pictures of Charlie looking out the window.

Laurel said...

Those pictures are so cute! It was fun watching him watch Paul and George. He kept saying Daddy, Daddy.
He is seriously the cutest 1 year old ever!

Charlotte said...

Yeah, that was some crazy storm. I made good use of staying home though. We cleaned and got the house partially ready to show.
I love how George is so creative and always so full of energy. Charlie is the best too. He is so sweet.


Family Photo Booth Pic