After all of my grand planning last night I didn't end up finishing my work report which bumped it to the top of my priority list today (which was okay since I had scheduled myself to work today any way). I worked on it for over 10 hours today (not sure why I thought I could finish it last night) and was finally able to get a draft that I feel okay about out to my client, which is a good thing because I am presenting the preliminary document via webinar tomorrow afternoon.
Around 4pm I grabbed some preschool worksheets and retrieved George from the basement where he had been entertaining himself for three hours (the nanny left at 1pm today and I was starting to feel the onset of mommy guilt) and we worked on counting and matching. George was really proud of his work and wanted to hang it on the front door for all of his friends to see. But because it is quite windy and rainy in our neck of the woods we decided on hanging them on the window by the front door. Charlie woke up from his afternoon nap and wanted to get in on the action so he taped a blank piece of paper to the window below George's worksheets.
Then it was time for George's Little Gym class so I loaded up the boys and we headed out. I dropped George off and Charlie and I went to Kohl's to take advantage of their 30% off Fisher Price toys sale (plus I had a gift card) so we got a bit of Christmas shopping done (I never shop early for Christmas because I don't trust myself not to spoil the suprise but am turning over a new leaf this year). While at Kohl's Charlie spotted a stuffed dog that his nanny bought him a couple of weeks ago and wanted me to buy him another one. I told him no and he had a complete melt down, started crying, petting the dog, and telling me it was soft. I didn't cave (huge for me) and left the store with a screaming baby. After we picked George up from class we headed home for dinner and a quick family night lesson. We have been talking about being happy helpers and I asked George to bless that we could all be happy helpers in his prayer. After his usual "bless the beds, bless the decorations" (don't know why he blesses the beds...he loves our Halloween decorations and has been blessing them since I put them up) he asked Heavenly Father to please bless us to be happy helpers using his silly old man voice and then Charlie screamed Amen at the top of his lungs and "raised the roof."
After the completion of the boys' bedtime routine, Paul returned to his batcave (he has another festival comming up) and I turned on SNL's Election Bash and cleaned and organized my kitchen cupboards. I didnt' get to the laundry room so that will have to wait for another day.
Monday, November 03, 2008
Project Update...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Family Photo Booth Pic
9 comments:
George should pray at family events! Good job on getting so much done!!
Amy you Rock! Very successful day and kudos on shopping early I thinks it makes the holiday more enjoyable.
You were very productive today!! Way to go!!! I am with Andrea on the early shopping. I want to go get it all done. It makes me so excited. You just have to be strong and not buy more then you had planned.
Except for, you forgot to come down to your sister's house last night. We had a date you broke it. Why do you hate me?
Wow, 10 hours on your report! AND you still had to be mom. You're amazing. I like to read about your "normal" days. It makes me smile to know we're on the same page even though it's been so long since we were goofy kids. I liked life then, but I love it now.
10 hours on your report and you still organized your cupboards. Very impressive, you are on a roll.
Glad you were able to complete some of your projects...and spend time with your kids
you inspire me...now i'm feeling guilty because all i've done all morning is read blogs in an attempt to clear out the close to 300 new posts in my google reader inbox...and ruby's been watching cartoons the entire time. i feel like the worst mom.
Wow, you worked 10 hours on a report! That would have made me crazy! Good job getting it done! Your kids are hilarious too!
Post a Comment