Saturday, November 08, 2008

Weekend Digest

I miss my husband. He has been at AFI Fest since Thursday but it feels as though I haven't seen him in weeks due to a pre-festival crunch. I am still plugging away at this week's list and have promised myself that I will be more realistic when I create a list for next week. Today we took down the Halloween decor and decorated for Thanksgiving.

George and Charlie made these cute turkey's to hang on the back door. George wanted to put eyebrows on his and after I hot glued them into place he was stressed because he said his turkey looked mad. Then he embellished his turkey with sequins, feathers and pom-poms to cheer the poor guy up. Speaking of poor guy...George missed out on story time tonight because he spit at me (we have had MAJOR problems with spitting this week).

On Monday morning we woke up to snow which motivated me to find a solution to the "Where do we store all our winter accessories?" problem and after three different trips to two stores we have a solution that I think will work. Simple cubbies with four bins...one for each of us.

I reorganized the boys' closets and now they only contain clothes that fit them and in Charlie's case, a couple of bins of clothes that he will be growing into this year. I also organized our coat closet and now it not only contains coats but also all of our kid craft, activity, and preschool supplies. Tonight I started on the laundry room cupboards but still have a ways to go. I am throwing away a ton of junk and have several bags of old clothes, shoes, and gadgets ready to take to the DI. Unfortunately, I have a really long way to go...My storage room is such a wreck I can't get in there to put away the Halloween decorations that I took down today and ended up leaving them piled by the door.

9 comments:

La said...

Cute boys. Good work on the organizing. You can go to my house and get started now.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! George's turkey does look mad, I would be stressed too.

Kaylyn said...

Love the turkeys! Nice job on organizing your house!!

Kyle and Melissa said...

When you are done organizing your home you can come do mine :)...Tell the boys the turkeys look great!

Jane said...

My favorite part of your weekend was George putting eyebrows on his turkey.

Lydia said...

Sorry that you're missing your husband. I hope everything went well with the festival. I became a fan of My Name is Ryan on facebook and Ryan sends me all sorts of updates on festivals. I think of you guys every time I get an update and how possibly nervous everyone might be.

Cute decorations for Thanksgiving. I'll have to get my kids into the spirit of things and do something like that. George's turkey is so cute!

I'm am so impressed with all the work you've done this week. I bet it feels so good to get so much done!

Brooke said...

Nothing feels better than being organized and throwing stuff away! Congrats, although for me it is a never-ending process!

Tyra said...

Love the turkeys almost as much as your boys. They are so cute. I know it is a lot of work, but I am sure it is all worth it when you get to have fun with them. You are a great Mom!!

Lindsay said...

I need to get motivated like you! We also have an issue with where to put all of our winter gear.


Family Photo Booth Pic