Saturday, January 10, 2009

58%

This week I spent $328.24 and saved $416.14, that's a 58% savings. I purchased 138 items (mostly stock up items) including: Tide HE detergent for eight months, Cascade for 12 months, Pampers wipes for six months, Pampers diapers for two months, Prilosec for six months, Oral B toothbrushes for 12 months, 15 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks, Dasani water 24 packs (12 packs for $30), 7 boxes of Mr Clean Erasers, 12 boxes of Kleenex tissue, 24 cups of Yoplait yogurt (you can freeze these if you want to buy a lot when they are on sale but your family won't go through all of them before they expire), Secret deodorant for 24 months (went a little crazy here and will probably give some away depending on how long they last), Gillette razors for 24 months, 10 boxes of FiberOne cereal bars, and other items including orange juice, dental floss, and eye drops.

I have been couponing for three months and am now doing most of my weekly shopping out of my pantry.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so great, I have been meaning to start this since my sister began doing it almost two years ago......with a new little one in the house, convienience has been highest priority. But things are beginning to get a lot easier and I am ready to try. I have been searching for the AZ code for your site but haven't been able to get it. My sister does the grocery game and really likes it but she pays a small fee each month. Bring on the tips I will begin soon!!! BTW, I am out of deoderant wish I would have known about that sale! How much were they per deoderant, and how many do you use in a 12 month period?

Andrea and Chuck said...

Amy welcome to my world my brothers tease me that i have a couple years supply of toothbrushes. But when money is tight I don't like to spend money on things like this. Also deodorant stays good for several years unless it is the gel kind it last a little over a year. We should talk I bet we could give each other some great tips.

Lindsay said...

Love, love, love couponing! I just bought some shelves to put in my basement today because I didn't have anywhere to put all of my stock. After I go shopping on Monday I am going to take a picture of my "grocery store" in my basement! Great job bytheway, you are doing so awesome! And I didn't know you could freeze yogurt! Really, you can? I bought twelve yogurts last week because with the sale price and coupon they were FREE! Love it! I should probably freeze some since I know we won't eat them all.

nicole said...

good for you, amy...this is awesome!

natalie said...

That is AWESOME and very inspiring/motivating. I've been very lazy about couponing since we don't have anything like grocery smarts here.


Family Photo Booth Pic