I saved 60.4% on my groceries last week which means that I am checking #20 off my list. I purchased 19 items including two pot roasts, a whole chicken, carrots, light bulbs, two bread pans (I really want to try my hand at baking bread), frozen rolls (because who knows when I'll get around to using those bread pans), and pasta. I spent $33.52 and saved $51.15
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Family Photo Booth Pic
8 comments:
Good job!! I'm so glad to see you having so much success. Question. Do you guys eat a lot of produce? That's my one thing, is we mainly eat produce, so I find it difficult to save tons because produce rarely goes on sale. I'm thinking of a strict cold cereal diet so I can save more. :)
Megan,
We mostly eat whatever produce is on sale or frozen veggies. Grapefruit, apples and purple grapes have been on sale a lot recently and bags of salad are almost always B1G1 and there is an amazing sale at Smith's this Friday on blueberries, strawberries, and grapes so we will be indulging. I usually always buy frozen corn, peas, and green beans when they are on sale (the steamer packs are usually $.50 or free). So I don't know how much produce you eat each week but I don't feel like we have cut back on produce to save money.
Okay, now you are really making me feel bad.
Do you shop at one store? Or lots of different stores?
Sometimes I go to more than one store but usually just one. Last week I only shopped at Albertson's.
Try my friend's recipe for 6 minute bread! (OK, six minutes of prep. Then rising. Then baking. But only six to prep is still awesome).
http://simp-lea.blogspot.com/2008/07/six-minute-stand-mixer-bread.html
I loved meeting you and I loved your coupon class! If you ever do another let me know and I'll get my sisters to come.
Bread is actually really easy. I have a really easy recipe that is really healthy. It doesn't have any sugar just honey and I use half wheat flour and half white flour. It tastes the best if you grind your wheat fresh, but you have to have a wheat grinder. Really your kitchen aid pretty much does all the work. Next time I am down we can make it together if you want.
great job, amy! i left this comment for you on my blog, but just in case you didn't see it...
i totally know what you mean when you talk about buying items that you don't use or need. i came home a few weeks ago with 6 bottles of french's mustard...and we don't even like mustard, but it was FREE, so i couldn't resist. and i still can't figure out why i have three blood-glucose monitors sitting out in my garage??? we don't have (or even know a soul who has) diabetes. but once again, they were FREE (regularly 19.99) so i couldn't pass it up. maybe i'll come across someone who can use them!
and i totally know what you mean about buying junk food, too...once again, because it's really cheap...just look at my picture! haha...ruby is loving me right now :)
ps. fyi, i had alreay stocked up on produce and dairy before this particular shopping trip...just so you don't think all we eat is totinos pizza rolls or fruit snacks..haha.
HOORAY for COUPONING!
Post a Comment