Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Biggest Loser

I love NBC's The Biggest Loser. The season premiere aired tonight and there is a woman on the show who lost her entire family (husband, three year old, and two week old) in a car accident. She is amazing. She chooses to get up each day and face the life she has been dealt and I find her outlook incredibly inspiring. I know that we all have coping mechanisms that kick in when pain and stress burden our lives and I find value in watching these people face their unhealthy habits head on as they change their lives. I think that in most cases an unhealthy (physical, emotional, or mental) coping mechanism masks a personal demon we are trying to hide from (which is what most of the contestants end up finding out as they struggle to lose weight and change their lives) and that is something we can all relate to on some level. So now that you have been indoctrinated with my The Biggest Loser testimonial let me take this opportunity to let you know that it is time for me to start working on #2. And if I stick with the program I have decided to follow I should also be able to check off #23.

11 comments:

Brooke said...

You go, girl ;) Although I have never noticed that you need to lose ANY weight. If I can finally get my cabinets painted after living in this house for five years, I'm sure you can do something 40 days in a row (wasn't that #23?)

Unknown said...

You can do it. You rock. I believe in you. Kick those demons in the a$$...oh SNAP!!

Reese said...

I've never watched that show but may have to tune in to check it out. Can you help me figure out what personal demon I am hiding from by being completely disorganized?? Good Luck on the exercise thing.......I am lacking in the motivational department as well right now. Please inspire me!!

Emmie-Lew said...

You are amazing! Let us know how the DVD is- I'm totally intrigued! I Love The Biggest Loser, too- so inspiring!

La said...

Shred it baby! Remember when you used to do that Cindy Crawford video every day? You totally got this.

Lindsay said...

I love that show so much! I cried everytime that lady talked about her family last night. She is amazing, I want her to win. She is amazingly strong, I want to be like her. This season seems like such a good group of people. I know you can lose those 8 pounds. You're a rock star!

Colle said...

Amy, I am with you I finally decided to lose the baby weight from my 2 and 4 year old. I have that 30 day shred it totally kicks my butt. I love Jillian. I also have the biggest loser yoga oh man it is a good one also.

Good luck you can do it!!!

Kirsten Brockner said...

I can relate to loving the biggest loser!! I get addicted. I didn't know it started. (what is the name or color of the girl you talked about?) I have Jillian's Making the Cut and the biggest loser family cookbook. Love them. Good luck on your goal even though you are a skinny already! Whatever makes you feel good though. I wish I could have Jillian train me!

nicole said...

i'm proud of you! this post was inspiring. let me know how the workout is. i'm always interested in trying something new. if you ever wanted to borrow our p90x dvd's, you're more than welcome to them. (i lost 10 pounds that way...and FINALLY have some muscle definition!)

Andrea and Chuck said...

I loved last nights episode. Biggest Loser is one of my favs. Good luck on your journey'

Julie said...

very exciting!! let me know if you like the workout. I might just join you for the challenge. No one likes a muffin top. I need some discipline in my life!


Family Photo Booth Pic