I am traveling for work this week. In fact, I'll be on the road (different cities/clients) for the next three weeks (craziness). Anyway, before my November marathon of travel began I wanted to bank up some one-on-one time with the boys, so a couple of weeks ago we headed to one of our favorite places.
We arrived in Driggs late Monday night and after I opened up the house George ran in and started dancing around and singing, "We're the first one's here, we beat everyone." I reminded him that we were the only ones coming which was difficult for him to wrap his mind around because it was the first time we had ever been there by ourselves. It was a glorious week. We snuggled in bed together and watched movies, rode four-wheelers, played trains, ate yummy food, and just hung out.
It rained off and on all week creating that magical cozy feeling and some awesome mud puddles that the boys would either drive through or stop to play in. It was boy heaven.
George loves peeing outdoors.
And Charlie preferred to stay on the road.

The boys played on this hay bail because that is just what you do when there is a bail of hay sitting all by itself in the middle of a field.
Love the high five.
I wanted a picture of the three of us but they kept attacking me whenever I told them to lean in close.


This is Charlie asking me to hold him.
George loved driving his four-wheeler down this hill. I love the look of pure joy on his face.
I am so thankful for our special week in Driggs. The weather and the fall colors were cozy and peaceful and the days were filled with perfect ordinary special moments.



















14 comments:
Love the pictures, you are a good mom to take them for some special times up there. I love the beautiful landscapes in the background.......I need to get back up there soon. What picture hosting service are you using??
Also, if you are even in our neck of the woods again, please call me and we will hang. It may be on the sidelines of a sporting event, but I would love to see you!
Looks like heaven, I want to do that with my kids.
It looks like fun. your boys are dang cute!
Aaaww. What an appropriate titel -that really does look perfect.
That looks like so much fun. My boys were looking at the boys 4-wheelin' and they were so impressed that jealous that THEY got to ride REAL 4-wheelers. That really does look like boy heaven. HOW FUN!
As you know I am jealous. I miss being able to just go up to Driggs with my kids whenever I wanted to. School is so annoying. I am glad you guys had a great time and I am glad that you were already up there to host the retreat. It was Perfect.
Looks like so much fun! Your boys are so cute and it looked like they were in heaven!
That sounds so heavenly! I continue to be jealous that you have such an amazing place to go to whenever you want. I love the pic of Charlie admiring George. I have several of those with Brooklyn admiring Madison.
looks like fun! These are the times they will remember!
I LOVE this new post! Probably because I just love Driggs, love this time of year, love your cute kids, & love alone time with my kids... Oh and I LOVE the new white background and BIG photos!
Miss u, we need to get together and go to a movie or have a craft night with La!
Awesome pictures and priceless moments. I love that Charlie has his Beps in his mouth as he is driving his 4-wheeler and how George's pants always look like they are going to fall off. The are such great boys I can't wait to see them at Christmas Alex will love them. She has turned into a wild little girl and she is going to think they are hilarious.
i love your boys. i wish i could have came up but school has been so busy. love you lots.
My John needs a brother. Those boys are lucky to be able to do such fun things. I'm glad you let them jump in mud puddles and pee outside!! I like it when kids really get to enjoy the outdoors. You were in a beautiful area!
I love this post! It looks like one of those days, when you're old and gray, that you'll look back and remember the most. Sigh...
PS You take such beautiful photographs!!
Post a Comment