Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mexico City

I went to Mexico City for work the first week of July (we left for California about six hours after I got home, craziness). It was a quick trip but jam packed and totally amazing. I worked with a great group of people who took great care of me and showed me the sights during our spare time.

My second night there I woke up around 2:00 am when I heard two big bangs against the windows of my room. I was confused and decided to get up and check it out but when I stood up it felt like the entire room was spinning and I figured that lack of sleep must be making me sick so I climbed back in bed and went to sleep. The next morning the lady who picked me up to take me to work was very concerned about how I had handled the earthquake. The loud bangs that woke me up were the earthquake proof windows absorbing the impact and obviously the swaying was the earthquake. So I survived my first earthquake and gratefully there was no damage anywhere in Mexico City.

 My hotel room. It was really nice, modern, and super safe/secure.

 There were huge windows in the bedroom and living space of the hotel room. This is the view from the living space. This area of Mexico City is brand new.

 I have a lot of pictures of traffic because I spent a lot of time in traffic getting from point A to point B. The traffic of Mexico City is legendary and I wouldn't have believed how crazy it is if I hadn't experienced it.










5 comments:

La said...

What an amazing, crazy trip. Wow. I wish I could have tagged along.

Laurel said...

The earthquake story is funny! Looks like a fun trip.

Lindsay said...

Sounds like crazy/fun! Cool that you experienced an earthquake without even really knowing it.

Julie said...

Cool!

Reese said...

Thanks for sharing! It looks like a cool experience, all exept for the crazy travel.


Family Photo Booth Pic