Wednesday, March 23, 2011

yellow belt

George earned his yellow belt today. He absolutely loves karate and has worked really hard to get to this point.

 Each child that is eligible for testing has to ask their teachers and parents to fill out some paperwork and rate their behavior. George got really excited when Miss Stephanie (his instructor) read the comments his teachers had written because they only had good things to say about his behavior.
I don't know the names of these moves but I love the intensity on George's face.
 I think these are star blocks.
 This is George being awarded his yellow belt.
As part of the award ceremony the instructor (who is a black belt) ties the new yellow belt around her waist to impart some of her wisdom and then says some stuff and slaps the belt against the students' stomach and the student yells "Aye". The little girl who was being tested with George yelled "Ouch" instead. George thought that was the funniest thing ever.
After they put their yellow belt on they get punched in the stomach by the instructor (I don't remember the significance of the punch).
George and his cute instructor, Miss Stephanie.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, that last picture is awesome. Actually all of these pictures are awesome. He is so hilarious. Love that kid. I am proud of him. He is a karate rockstar.

Lindsay said...

He is so super intense, I love it! Good job on earning your yellow belt, George! His instructor looks super familiar. I think I may have seen her at a karate tournament that I went to that my nephew competed in. Has George done a tournament yet? Madison is going to be doing her first one on April 30th, should be fun!

Erika said...

Wow! It looks like he takes this seriously. I don't want to mess with this kid.

La said...

LOL. I wish I had time to comment more. .. just know I LOVE that kid!

Laurel said...

Love George!! His facial expressions are so great!! So proud of him!!

Sandee said...

That's so cool!
He's so cute...


Family Photo Booth Pic