Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Biking

Tonight I was brainstorming with Lara about how I should go about losing all my pregnancy weight and she convinced me that I should buy a road bike so that we could go together. I was very skeptical at first because to put it delicately, I am not at all athletic. About five years ago Lara convinced me to get into rollerblading and it was ridiculous...I finally donated my rollerblades to the DI. I posted a picture of me surfing on Waikiki if you think that I am just being modest. So when I got home I was telling Paul that I was going to try biking and he burst out laughing. He seriously couldn't stop laughing. Good thing we have a good sense of humor in our family.

3 comments:

Tyra said...

If Mom can bike I think you can do it. :) It is lots of a fun and a great way to get in shape, plus you can pull your kids and get an even better workout. I love my road bike.

Yesterday it was so nice outside I road my mountain bike over to my friends house and went on a ride with her kids. It felt like I was a kid again in Ammon riding to my friends house. It was fun.

You should start going to spinning classes at the gym that will get you used to riding a bike again and help you with your coordination. It is pretty hard to fall off a stationary bike, but if you do it won't hurt as bad. :)

nicole said...

Amy don't worry...I'm not athletic (at all) either. When I was in high school, I wanted to be on the swim team. Unfortunately, the coach finally told me that before I could swim with the team, I needed to learn how to swim! ;-(

Brooke said...

Wow, I am impressed! First, by the fact that you are surfing in this picture, and second that you are even thinking about loosing weight yet! I still need to get going in that area! Bennett's almost a year and a half and I have yet to get in gear!. I go on our bike with the kids in the bike trailer all of the time. It is a SERIOUS workout and it is getting almost too hot to do now! You can do that it's cake!


Family Photo Booth Pic