There has been a lot of potty talk on my blog today so I am going to wrap it up with one last story. I promise that I am not going to continue to post potty stories on a daily basis even if my life continues to be plagued with such experiences. However, this really needs to be documented (I'm not sure why) and this is where I document so consider yourself the unlucky reader. Today during George's nap (that he didn't really take) shortly after the juice incident George started crying in his crib (which he usually never does). Darci (she is George and Charlie's nanny) went in to find that he had taken off his diaper and pooped in his bed. I have been fearing that this would happen for quite sometime because George has been really into taking off his diaper lately but I have been lucky up until today. It was pretty gross but not that bad to clean up. The funny/sad part was that he was totally afraid of the poop. He was crying and pointing at it. I told him it was okay and wiped his bum and put him in the bath tub. While he was in the tub little "poops" started floating around because I hadn't gotten him completely wiped off and I made a comment about the poops and George saw them and got totally freaked out and had to get out of the tub. I really don't want him to be afraid of poop because I know that I have to potty train this kid sooner or later so I wrapped him in his towel and calmed him down and we waved bye-bye to the poops as they went down the drain. Then he watched me clean up the poop in his crib and put it in the toilet and I tried really hard not to be grossed out so that he wouldn't be afraid and in the end he learned a new vocab word..."poop."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Family Photo Booth Pic
5 comments:
Amy,
These stories are killing me. George is quite the little character!
That is so funny! I've heard from a lot of people that little boys have problems with poop, especially potty training. That probably isn't encouraging. But hopefully George will get over it in time for you to potty train him.
Is being afraid of your own poop really all that bad? Maybe it might help with potty training. Good luck with that Amy. I'm rooting for you!
Yikes you have had some interesting events lately! Poor you mice, poop, what now! Good luck!
Amy, Your stories are getting funnier by the day. At least to your readers. I'm not sure how amusing you think they are, but I think you should add some of these to your mother sessions at your cabin. The four mice in your diaper bag would probably take the prize for the most unusual mother experience.
Post a Comment