Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gingerbread House

Last night we made our first ever gingerbread house. George was more interested in the candy than the house though he did give me a little bit of direction with regard to where to put the frosting so that the house would stick together. George did manage to save some candy for the house and I snapped a couple of pictures of our finished product because I am sure the house will be mostly eaten before the end of the week. We were planning on waiting until next week so that we could participate in a joint gingerbread making adventure with the Herway's but the anticipation was just too much and I am not a big believer in delayed gratification.


10 comments:

nicole said...

Those pictures of George are darling! Isn't Christmas fun! I can't wait 'til Ruby really understands what Christmas is all about, and actually gets excited about it. This year she's pretty excited about all the ornaments on the tree...can't keep her little hands off of them!

Colle said...

How fun we are making a gingerbread next week to. It looks like a lot of fun.

Kyle and Melissa said...

Looks like a fun house. Thanks for sharing George

La said...

Funny. and pretty darn cute. I love the George with his hands over his ears. That kid is a kick in the pants.
Oh and Amy, you and delayed gratification were never a good match. :)

Lindsay said...

I think most kids are more interested in the candy! Cute pics of George!

Brooke said...

So cute! We did the same one last year and bought two, one for this year also!

Charlotte said...

George did a great job! Just this week I was thinking about how I need to buy one for Amelia. I hope ours turns out as great as yours!

natalie said...

Gingerbread already? Christmas has come again so fast!

Tyra said...

Super cute pictures. George is such a cute kid with the funnest personality.

Laurel said...

Wow, I am impressed with the finished product. Great job! Gingerbread Houses are fun to make with kids.


Family Photo Booth Pic