Monday, October 27, 2008

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

I love roasted pumpkin seeds and buy them all the time but have never made my own. Tonight we carved a pumpkin and I decided to save the seeds so I could try my hand at a little "holiday cooking." I found this recipe online but after reading through some of the comments I decided to use olive oil instead of butter and the result was quite awesome.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

I'll have to try that recipe. Pumpkin seeds have never been a favorite of mine, but Jeff LOVES them. He would be ecstatic if I cooked some. Thanks!

Tyra said...

Looks good and super easy. Now if you didn't have to get them out of a pumpkin. I really hate carving pumpkins it is so messy and sticky. Infact I don't remember the last time I carved a pumpkin.

So did your boys like them?

La said...

yum! Maybe I should make those. Zane would love them.

Charlotte said...

I made mine last night before book club. I too used the olive oil recipe and they came out great! Yum-o! Jackson loved them, Mia wasn't too crazy about them. Me; I ate like three hand fulls.

nicole said...

sounds so yummy. way to get into the spirit of the holiday. we didn't do anything this year...well, besides decorate our house and put on a few costume props every now and then.


Family Photo Booth Pic