Saturday, February 21, 2009

bowling shoes

I vaguely remember something about bowling shoes being all the rage when I was in high school, in fact, I am pretty sure a few of my friends stole at least one pair from the local bowling alley. We took the boys bowling this afternoon and even though our shoes looked cool and felt comfy we returned them when we were finished.

Charlie's feet looked so cute stuffed into his too narrow shoes that I had to take a picture.

Then I had to take a picture of my own shoes

then George's (btw, George hates any pants that have a zipper, button, or snap and only wears sweat pants and when those are all dirty he pulls out his shorts that meet this criteria even though there is still snow on the ground here and he is also one of those kids who has to have the tags cut out of all of his clothing.)

and because I didn't want Paul to feel left out I took one of his size tens.

This is Charlie bowling his first frame (is that the right term?). Don't you love his little jig? Can you tell that his feet are off the ground?

Mr. Cool.

Don't mind the fact that I look crazy in this picture, instead, notice the way I stick my tongue out ever so slightly as I concentrate on the task at hand and then...

notice how Charlie does the same thing.

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Charlie is so so cool in his bowling shoes! Love George's expressions watching -- he just loves life always!

Reese said...

Whatcha talkin' bout, Willis? I don't know nuthin' bout stealin' no bowling shoes in high school. I think you are just jealous of our Bowlero acquisitions.

(I love your pics! Looks like a fun trip to the bowling alley.)

Colle said...

I love the pictures. I wish when we went bowling that I would have taken cute bowling shoe pictures. Looks like you had a fun family outing!!!

Erika said...

You are such a fun mom. Your cute family makes bowling shoes look so fashionable.

Tyra said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend even if you didn't make it up to Driggs. And it was probably way more relaxing. Love that Charlie already shows characteristics of his Mom. Sticking the tongue out is really funny.

marshy28@aol.com said...

Chuck laughs that I always get a shot of the bowling shoe who could pass that shot up. You all looked like you had a blast.

nicole said...

i love these pics...you are getting so good amy! what a fun family outing!

Lindsay said...

I love all of the pictures of the bowling shoes. I remember them being the rage too. I love that you got a picture of Charlie mid-air, so funny! Looks like so much fun, I think I'll take my kids on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, 2 of the cutest boys on the planet. How did you get so lucky?

Lydia said...

I think I was one of your high school friends who stole the shoes. I had them up until a few years ago when we just simply didn't have room in the move. It's funny to think that they were such a hot item.

I love all the pics, especially you and Charlie with your similar expressions. So cute. Looks like a fun night!


Family Photo Booth Pic