I have always believed that one day I would get my entire house clean and organized and that once I got to that point I would be able to maintain it and that CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) would be a thing of the past. I am beginning to wonder if this dream of mine is actually a pipe dream that I should shelve for the time being but I keep trying to realize this illusive dream of mine because I know that there are people out there who do it, even working mom's who manage to keep everything in its' proper place. Advice?
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
i have a dream...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Family Photo Booth Pic
13 comments:
Let me know if you learn the secret. I dream my house, purse, garage AND car could all be clean at once. Surely if one is clean the other four are a complete disaster. I wouldn't mind having pretty nails too but that has been neglected for 8 years.
Yes, I have the same dream. And, I know people who manage to keep a sparkling house. The thing is, I can't think of anything worse than spending all my waking hours keeping my house looking like a million bucks. There are a lot of other things I would like to accomplish/learn/and do, including spending time with my kids and actually "living" in our home. I do look forward to the day when I have more time to get organized and shiny BUT for now, I don't want to waste all my time trying to do the impossible.
I have also noticed that I feel much closer to other moms who struggle with the same things and are honest about it than with those who only worry about having a "perfect" image. Please don't change. You are more normal than you know.
Yeah. It's a pipe dream. So imagine your house is clean, then what? Whatever you do next would just mess it up again. Let it go. Just do the best you can and be in the moment as much as you can.
I would like to meet these mom's. I've only been a working mom for 1 month and can't even keep a 650 sq. ft. apartment clean.
I use to get so frustrated over this and my good friend who's house was always perfect would tell me its not your season. Keep in mind that I hate this saying but she was right I find the older my kids get it can happen I am defiantly busier now but my kids are able to help more and they also know that in our family everyone has to help.
So hang in there do your best and trust me eventually it gets better.
I think those whose houses are always clean are clean for one reason....they have a cleaning lady! I have let so many things go with the 3rd child, and having my house "perfect" is one of them. It still is annoying sometimes, but I try to not let it bother me. I have better things to do most of the time, and it gets done in the 10 minutes before someone comes over!
CHAOS- can't have anyone over syndrom... I love it!
We have a group of friends over every week for dinner and TV night. Of course, 2 of the three couples don't have kids and have spotless houses. At first, I stressed. I then realized it just wasn't realistic. So they all know my rule: you are welcome at my house as long as you don't mind dust, toys, dirty dishes, a toilet that smells like pee, smashed cereal in the carpet, and piles of unorganized clutter. If you have a problem with that, stay home. I love that they still come and I have so much more fun now that I don't stress so much!!
A clean house is nice, but people have to live there. It's crazy to think that it will be able to stay clean, it can't. Unless you want to make yourself and everyone else crazy trying to keep it clean.
CHOAS. that is my problem too!!!
I found out that maids/cleaners don't have as much business as when the economy was doing better. We found someone to clean once a month and when we told them we weren't even sure about that, they said to call anytime and they might be able to fit us in. (ie. they need work!!!).
Another idea I've had is to hire the ym/yw! Someone who is 15 and can't get a real job. It might not be perfect, but it will be done!
Oh I guess my point is: IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to do it yourself. Esp if you have kids.
oops I just realized I put choas instead of chaos. That wouldn't make any sense.
The YW in our ward have a business card called the "MIA MAIDS" they'll make all your dreams come true!!!
i think it's way more important to spend time with the kids...and that's what you do. you are such a fun mom. don't worry too much about the house, your kids aren't going to remember (or even care) if your house was always clean or not, but kids do remember if they had a mom who spent time with them and played with them.
Post a Comment