Monday, September 21, 2009

Preschool Exchange

Today I kicked off a Preschool Exchange at my house. We learned about the five senses and wrapped things up in the basement wearing old Halloween costumes and dancing on the stage.


George was so excited he could hardly contain himself. Here he is waiting for his friends to arrive.

The whole motley crew.

We ended up playing musical costumes with everyone wanting to take a turn wearing each costume.

How often do you see a gorilla and a princess dancing together?

What about a rhino (Charlie wore that costume when he was nine months old) playing a harmonica?


It was a ton of work and I am exhausted but I don't have to do it again for six weeks and it was fun to go through the preparation process and to watch the kids interact with one another.

What's a preschool exchange? We have seven mom's/preschooler's (which is probably the most you would want). We bought a curriculum that we are sharing and we each take turns hosting. All of us have kids who are already in a Tuesday/Thursday preschool so this is just a supplement. We do it on Monday's from 12:30-3:00pm.

13 comments:

Andrea and Chuck said...

You rock I hated doing this type of preschool!

Unknown said...

Hahaha those pictures are priceless. Cute Georgie. He just loves friends.

Brooke said...

Hey - what happened to not setting the bar very high???? Looks super fun - I'm sorry Laney missed it :(

Reese said...

Yes. You are a brave woman to take part in that=)
Good Job!!

Megan said...

I think that looks super fun. Good job! Question...Where did you get your map placemats? Justin has been looking for those for about a year and I don't know where to look!

Lindsay said...

You are so awesome! I give pre-school and kindergarten teachers a lot of credit because I don't think I could do that everyday. I would be so exhausted! I loved the costumes, I bet you are the funnest teacher!

Julie said...

George is the scrunchiest kid! It is so cute how much he loves his friends. Thee is no better house to have a costume party.

Erika said...

Just another reason that I wish I lived closer.

Lydia said...

I'm doing the exchange, too, and I have a lot of fun with the cute little rugrats. It's definitely exhausting though; I'm just happy that the curriculum is right in front of me and I don't have to do that part.

It looks like a fun group of kids for you. I love how George is so excited while he waits at the table for everyone.

Amy F. said...

It looks like you have a cute bunch of kids! Love the costumes. Your house looks pretty too!

Anonymous said...

very fun, creative, and brave!

Colle said...

you deserve a gold star for doing this! Even with a curriculum I would totally screw it up. Those costumes are always a big hit.

nicole said...

i LOVE it! especially your costume collection! that sounds like a great idea...i'd like to try that sometime, if i can round enough people up who want to participate.


Family Photo Booth Pic