Tonight we decided to take a little family outing to Cornbelly's and after forking out $30 to get in we only ended up staying for 20 minutes. While we were waiting in line to buy tickets George ran away from us and though it only took us a couple of minutes to find him the place was crowded and I decided that I needed to come out with a big threat. I talked to him about how dangerous it is to run away from your parents and then told him that if it happened again that we would have to go home. Well George managed to obey for a whole five minutes. We searched for about 10 minutes before we found him all the way across the park hanging out with the Herway's and decided that we had to carry through with my threat.
p.s. Cornbelly's was kind enough to give us a rain check so we can give it another try.

4 comments:
Way to stay strong. I am great with threats, just not so great with carrying them out.
That is so scary... one time Ezra hid from me in Sams Club. I was looking everywhere and even alerted the front to have the doors locked. I was so scared! Turns out he was hiding under a couch and thought it was pretty funny. I was SO mad!
Way to follow through! Even though it's hard, it's the best teaching tool ever!
That is cool they gave you a rain check. It is good that you followed through, I think it is harder on the parent than the kid to do.
Post a Comment