Monday, January 28, 2008

big big trick

Last week I took Charlie to the insta-care just to make sure that all of the green snot flowing out of his nose wasn't trying to tell me that he had another ear infection. Thankfully Charlie's ears are just fine and a couple of days ago I discovered that he was cutting a tooth which I am sure is the real cause of all his discomfort. Anyway, toward the end of our visit George told the doctor to "watch: big, big trick." I had never heard him use the word "trick" and had no idea what he was going to do. He preceded to throw his coat on the ground, put his arms in the arm holes and attempt to flip the coat over his head (apparently this is how they teach the kids to put on their coats at school and George is just now getting the hang of it). It took George several tries and during the entire process he kept yelling at the doctor to watch his big, big trick. The doctor was laughing and got a real kick out of the whole thing. In the end George got his coat on and was very proud of himself. The doctor told him he was an amazing person and George said, "Yes, amazing, big, big trick." I have since tried to get his big, big trick on video and have now recorded 20 minutes of me trying to convince George to do his big, big trick for the camera. If I ever get his trick on video I'll be sure to share it.

8 comments:

nicole said...

That's so funny! I can remember learning to put my coat on like that, too, when I was little. It's too bad he wouldn't perform his "big trick" for the camera. Why do they always clam up whenever we try to document their cute tricks?
Ruby is the same way.

Anonymous said...

Oh dang I miss that boy.You should bring him when we try on dresses....or maybe not.

Tyra said...

What a cutie, you really need to convince him to perform. I would love to see it. Maybe if you have Zane do it for the camera first then George will do it.

La said...

Funny. I love that George doesn't take request.

natalie said...

That is too cute. Isn't it annoying how as soon as the camera comes out they stop doing it?!

Lindsay said...

That is so funny! I hope you get it on video, he's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That boy is so stinkin' funny. You should dress up with one of Paul's wigs. Than he'll think he's preforming for a stranger.

Charlotte said...

LOVE it! George is always coming up with great tricks isn't he? Love the story and can't wait to see it on video. Amelia asks from time to time to watch George say his ABC's and 123's. We love the George videos! :)


Family Photo Booth Pic