Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Desperately longing

I am desperately longing for summer and after much thought have determined that all that is wrong in my life right now can be traced back to the fact that it has been so damn cold for so damn long. I do like winter and can't think of many things I love more than snow on Christmas (except maybe summer at Hebgan Lake where there is sure to be plenty of water this year) but I have had my fill and summer is still so far away. I am not a real lover of spring, in these parts, spring is simply a tease that requires you to constantly check the current state of the weather and change your clothes several times a day (coats in the morning, a jacket in the afternoon, long pants, capri's, sweatshirt, no sweatshirt, etc). You also have to be prepared when you leave the house with several layers and preparedness just isn't my thing. I like a little stability when it comes to weather. I like to be able to pack away my cold weather clothes and pull out the warm weather clothes on an appointed day and don't like wading through the transition period of spring. Of course we haven't even entered spring yet and already I am impatient for summer, besides, spring is when we start to get good fruit back into the grocery stores and that is definitely something to look forward to. What I am saying is that I am ready to hit the ground running into summer. I am ready to pack away coats, mittens, hats, and boots and pull out beach towels, crocs, shorts, and take my boys in for their summer buzz. I am ready to shed the gloom that this abnormally long, windy, snowy winter has cast over me and start checking big projects off of my to do list. It is 50 degrees here today and that makes me happy but as I said, I have a problem with the instability that comes with this time of year and am ready to commit to 100 degree days. I promise not to complain. Nope, you won't hear one peep from me about it being too hot.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

BTW There's a storm coming on Sunday.

Charlotte said...

I am with you Amy! I am having major Spring Fever! You are right about Spring here though. You never know if it will be warm or if a late snow storm is coming.(Thanks Alysha for the depressing news that one of those storms is coming.) So maybe I am having Summer Fever. I love all the fresh produce too. Here is to Summer! Please come quickly!

La said...

Can I get an amen??? I will take spring though, I mean who am I to be picky at this point.

Reese said...

We must be on the same wavelength or something:) I can't wait for spring although I can't make any promises about not complaining about the heat, I will most likely be excited for fall once August comes around.......

Anonymous said...

Bring on spring! It's one of Tennessee's few redeeming qualities. I can't wait to plant a garden. No thanks to the wicked hot summers though. I would love to spend my summer at Hebgen Lake. (There's a little tear in my eye.) That place is gorgeous.

nicole said...

Come to Arizona! Please, please come to Arizona. It hit 80 degrees today...

Tyra said...

I hear ya!! It has been the coldest and snowyest winter yet here in IL. I would give anything for 50 degree weather. Yesterday wasn't as bad because the snow was out and bright, but it still didn't get above 30 degrees with feel like much lower because of the humidity. It is so nasty it is snow for a few days then rains for a few days making everything a sloppy mess and freezing at night. The only thing keeping me going is knowing that I leave for Peru in 2 1/2 weeks where I will be on the beach enjoying myself!

Tyra said...

Oops, I mean the sun was out and bright.

natalie said...

You need to live in Austin. I LOVE the weather here.


Family Photo Booth Pic