Wednesday, October 28, 2009

george-ism

George had a weird day today. He was overly emotional and at the same time super hyper-active. He decided that he wanted to give me a present and wrapped up one of his art projects and a toy and then surprised me. He liked my response so much that he decided to do it again, unfortunately, I walked in on him wrapping my "present" and he became distraught. I couldn't console him so I decided to just leave him alone for a while. About an hour later the following conversation took place... 

George: Mom, I'm a wreck.
Me: You're a wreck?
George: Yes
Me: Why?
George: Because you looked at your present and you weren't supposed to and now I am never going to give you a present again for a long time until Jesus comes back into this earth.
Me: Okay

p.s. Tonight while I was running an errand George wrapped another "present" for me and then sang me the Happy Birthday song and told me Happy Mother's Day when I got home.

10 comments:

Kirsten said...

THIS IS TOTALLY SOMETHING THAT WOULD HAPPEN AT MY HOUSE, WE ARE SOOOO SISTAS. THAT'S WAY CUTE, THEY CAN FORGIVE SO QUICKLY, SO CUTE.

Reese said...

Love his personality. I have found that boys can do no wrong with their mommas and vice versa. Oh, and love the roller coaster of emotions. I have one like that. A pain sometimes but very easily distracted and redirected=)

Megan said...

He's listening in Primary! What a good boy. We're still busting up about this two hours later.

La said...

Laughing my rear end off about this one. Seriously funniest George-ism ever.

Kaylyn said...

I agree with Lara, that is the funniest one yet!

Unknown said...

Love that kid.

Lindsay said...

I love how quickly they forget! How hilarious that he said he was a wreck, that's classic!

Julie said...

I love that he said "I'm a wreck"...

Jane said...

Please, keep the George-isms coming. They are my very favorite, this one may top them all.

Tyra said...

One day when George is all grown up you are going to have to make a book of Georg-ism. I totally want one when you do.


Family Photo Booth Pic